Buying Jewelry As A Gift For MenRusty September 1, 2017 Article
Buying or selling jewelry can be very intimidating to someone who has never done it before. It can easily lead to a bit of information overload because of all the resources available to those new to jewelry practices. Below are some tips to assist you in getting all of this information organized to where you can start buying and selling jewelry much smarter.
Save some of your most fragile jewelry for special occasions only. Some fragile stones like opal and peridot should only be worn for special events and then carefully stored until the next occasion. This may seem irritating since you want to be able to wear your best pieces, but it can prolong their life if you avoid exposing them to harm too often.
Sterling silver jewelry makes a great investment. Pieces of jewelry made from sterling silver last for a lifetime and provide endless elegance. Sterling does tarnish, but can be quickly shined up using a polishing cloth. However, pieces of sterling silver jewelry that have specialty coating can last ages without tarnishing.
Buying jewelry for someone else can be challenging. Look at what they choose for themselves and try to find something similar. Avoid sized items like rings unless you know what their size is. If you guess, what’s going to happen if you guess wrong? It may help to go window shopping with them and see if they mention a certain store, brand, or even a specific item.
To keep your jewelry from overpowering you, select pieces that compliment your body type. If you’re petite, it’s best to stick to smaller pieces with more simplistic shapes. Tall or larger women may want to choose a powerful statement necklace to create a striking visual look. Whenever you choose a new piece of jewelry, think about your proportions and how well that piece will work with them.
When buying jewelry for your wife, make it a surprise! Never second guess yourself about choosing the “right” item as your wife will be more than happy just to receive a gift! Choose what you love and it’s likely she’ll love it, too. Jewelry is something that is gorgeous, so it’s easy to fall in love with!
Make sure that you learn about the jeweler’s insurance policy prior to making any purchases. This is so that if something happens to your piece, you can return it to have it replaced or repaired. Some stores even insure jewelry against loss or theft.
Keep jewelry stored safely and away from both air and humidity. A drawstring bag or closed box offers the best protection from moisture in the air. Certain metals begin to tarnish when exposed to humidity. Precious metals are capable of being polished until they are like new, while non-precious metals will not be able to be saved. This is because the non-precious metals are simple copper metal coated with the covering of precious metals, and when polished, they will allow the copper to show through.
Store your jewelry in felt. It is always annoying when a piece of your favorite jewelry starts to tarnish. To keep it from tarnishing, just make sure you store it properly. Use a felt bag or even a jewelry box lined with felt. It will help to keep the jewelry from tarnishing.
It is sometimes hard to stand out from the crowd or find a meaningful piece of jewelry. Jewelry stores usually sell the same type of designs that prove to be a bore after a while. Go bold and purchase handmade artisan jewelry instead. Handmade jewelry will always be a success due to its one-of-a-kind nature. You will never see anyone else wearing the same thing as you and you will also be supporting an artist instead of an import company relying on low wage labor.
Look for jewelry stores that are accredited members of the Gemological Institute of America, or GIA, as well as the Jewelers of America. You are assured the best quality at the lowest price by stores with these certifications. You will find these certifications held by most big chain type outfits.
Hopefully, these tips have provided you with some very valuable information, as well as given you a way to organize all the thoughts and information you may have already had on buying or selling jewelry. Keeping these tips in mind when you start buying or selling can help you in the jewelry world.
- Double Denim Delight Mastering the Art of Denim on Denim
- Denim Dreams Stylish Trends
- Effortless Athletic Chic Casual Athleisure Fashion
- Thrifty Treasures Exploring the World of Secondhand Finds
- Fashion Advice That Will Get You More Confidence!
- Elevate Your Desk Stationery Shopping Excitement
- Discover Wellness Shopping Finds for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Thrifty Treasures A Budget Shopping Spree
- Elegance Unleashed Fashion Illustration Artistry
- Inspire Creativity Art Supplies Shopping Extravaganza
- Celestial Inspired Fashion Stellar Style Statements
- Hidden Gems Thrift Shopping Treasures Unveiled
- Retail Adventure Shopping Mall Excursion
- Weekend Shopping Adventure Discover, Shop, and Unwind
- Gear Up for Adventure Outdoor Equipment Shopping
- Elegant Fusion Fashion as Sculpture Art
- Relaxed Vibes Casual Weekend Fashion
- Bold Waist Statements Mastering Statement Belt Fashion
- Online Shopping Bliss Discover Your Digital Retail Haven
- Dreamy Desires Crafting Your Shopping Wish List
- Thoughtful Touch Personalized Gift Shopping Delights
- Futuristic Fusion Avant-Garde Fashion Brilliance
- Style Extravaganza Dive into Fashion Shopping Frenzy
- Thrilling Shopping Mall Adventures
- Sustainable Chic Embracing Eco-Friendly Fashion Choices
- Fresh Harvest Delights Farmers Market Shopping
- Eco Chic Sustainable Fashion Shopping spree
- Virtual Window Shopping Explore from Anywhere
- Chic Finds Galore Unveiling a Stylish Shopping Spree
- Vibrant Finds Local Market Shopping
- Clothes Fashion
- Fashion And Style
- Fashion Clothes
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Dresses
- Fashion Shop
- Fashion Show
- Fashion Show
- Fashion Store
- Fashion Style
- Fashion Trends
- Fashion Week
- General Article
- General Articles
- Latest Fashion
- Latest Fashion Dresses
- Latest Fashion For Women
- Latest Fashion Trends
- Latest Trends
- New Fashion
- New Style Dress
- Online Fashion Store
- Women Fashion