Top 10 Problem Areas, How to Pick Tops That Flatter Your Body TypeRusty June 29, 2022 Article
Top 10 Problem Areas, How to Pick Tops That Flatter Your Body Type
You love the current trends, but aren’t sure if they will work for you? Here are some tips on how to pick a top that flatters your body type.
Big bust- halter styles with a moderate neckline (not too high, not too low) are great. They provide support and also look very sexy. Stay away from strapless (no support), or anything with a too wide V (you might fall out!). And please make sure your top is fitted. There is nothing more unflattering on a full busted woman than a big baggy shirt!
Small bust- stay away from tube tops which can make you look very flat. V neck lines and flattering and plunging necklines also draw the eyes attention down and away from your chest. Tops with built in bras will just squish what little you do have, so avoid those as well. Instead choose a shirt you can wear a padded bra under if you choose.
Wide shoulders- stay away from racer back or t backs (the athletic styles) which will accentuate your shoulders and back. Halters are a nice alternative, just make sure the neckline isn’t too high. That will also make your shoulders look broader. If you wear a shirt with sleeves, make sure they fall past your shoulder. Capped sleeves will make you look like a foot ball player. Stay away from square necklines, and choose scoop instead. This will create the illusion of a narrower upper body.
Narrow shoulders- just the opposite. Choose capped sleeved tops, and square necklines. Athletic styles will also make you appear broader. Make sure you wear tops that are fitted in the waist, the smallest part of your upper body, making your shoulders look wider.
Small waist- pick a top that draw your attention to your waist with a waist detail like a belt, bow, or some other form of embellishment. Cinch a baggy top with a belt. A shirt that hits right at your waist with a high waisted skirt will make you look even smaller and give you a 1940s silhouette.
Wide waist- all those super cute empire waist tops are for you. Choose a top that is fitted in the bust and loose around your core. Make sure it hits just at your hips and over the top of your jeans, and only wear it with pants or shorts, no skirts (too much bagginess). Stay away from anything that draws attention to your waist like a belt. A top with a wide gathered elastic waistband can work as long as it is baggy on top, making it look like your waist is smaller than it really it.
Big hips- stay away from empire waists, and tunic tops. This will make you look like a tent. To keep your figure, choose a top that is fitted in the waist, or has some structure. Pick tops that fall just above the widest part of your hips or higher. This will make your hips look smaller. Square necklines accentuate your shoulders and help balance your silhouette, making your hips look smaller.
Small hips- if you want the illusion of curves, make sure your top is shaped and close fitting in the waist, and add a low slung belt. The top will make your waist look smaller and the belt will accentuate your hips, making the end result curvy. Small hips are one of the few shapes that can wear a tunic top well, so embrace it, but this look won’t help you add sexy curves. Make sure your tops end at the widest part of your hips, adding the illusion of curves.
Short neck- lower necklines work best for short necked people. The extra skin showing above your bust makes people think your neck is longer. Scoop neck, or V necks are easy to wear and flattering. Avoid high necklines. They will make you look like a turtle with a small round head peeking out. No turtlenecks, obviously. If you like to have something up near your neck (or have to hide that hickey) wear a button front shirt with a collar, and leave the first few buttons open, exposing some skin.
Spare tire- people often think they can hide their unwanted extra pounds by wearing a loose fitting t-shirt. This is completely untrue. The key to hiding any imperfections, whether they be a bulge, cellulite, or sagging, is in the the fabric, both the structure, and the pattern.. Choose a material that has some texture, and is thick enough to disguise what is underneath. Jersey materials are never a good choice because they tend to be clingy, and are too thin. Silk, unless blended with something more substantial, is also a problem fabric. Tweeds, cotton poplin (think button front collared shirt), wool knits, crepe and linen are all textured enough that you won’t see what is beneath. Patterned fabrics are also a good way to hide issues. The different colors distract the eye to only notice the design, and not the imperfection. Small patterns like florals, and paisleys are good for hiding cellulite, while larger patterns like abstracts are better for disguising a bulge. Avoid solid colors, especially light colors.
- Denim Dreams Stylish Trends
- Effortless Athletic Chic Casual Athleisure Fashion
- Thrifty Treasures Exploring the World of Secondhand Finds
- Fashion Advice That Will Get You More Confidence!
- Elevate Your Desk Stationery Shopping Excitement
- Discover Wellness Shopping Finds for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Thrifty Treasures A Budget Shopping Spree
- Elegance Unleashed Fashion Illustration Artistry
- Inspire Creativity Art Supplies Shopping Extravaganza
- Celestial Inspired Fashion Stellar Style Statements
- Hidden Gems Thrift Shopping Treasures Unveiled
- Retail Adventure Shopping Mall Excursion
- Weekend Shopping Adventure Discover, Shop, and Unwind
- Gear Up for Adventure Outdoor Equipment Shopping
- Elegant Fusion Fashion as Sculpture Art
- Relaxed Vibes Casual Weekend Fashion
- Bold Waist Statements Mastering Statement Belt Fashion
- Online Shopping Bliss Discover Your Digital Retail Haven
- Dreamy Desires Crafting Your Shopping Wish List
- Thoughtful Touch Personalized Gift Shopping Delights
- Futuristic Fusion Avant-Garde Fashion Brilliance
- Style Extravaganza Dive into Fashion Shopping Frenzy
- Thrilling Shopping Mall Adventures
- Sustainable Chic Embracing Eco-Friendly Fashion Choices
- Fresh Harvest Delights Farmers Market Shopping
- Eco Chic Sustainable Fashion Shopping spree
- Virtual Window Shopping Explore from Anywhere
- Chic Finds Galore Unveiling a Stylish Shopping Spree
- Vibrant Finds Local Market Shopping
- Discovering Unique Boutique Gems Shopping Finds Extravaganza
- Clothes Fashion
- Fashion And Style
- Fashion Clothes
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Dresses
- Fashion Shop
- Fashion Show
- Fashion Show
- Fashion Store
- Fashion Style
- Fashion Trends
- Fashion Week
- General Article
- General Articles
- Latest Fashion
- Latest Fashion Dresses
- Latest Fashion For Women
- Latest Fashion Trends
- Latest Trends
- New Fashion
- New Style Dress
- Online Fashion Store
- Women Fashion