Getting Organized – Smalls Steps Can Be Giant Leaps in Personal Organization
Getting organized is such a sought after goal that it is right up there with losing weight and quitting cigarette smoking as a popular resolution at the start of each new year. Almost everyone feels that a little closet organization, better money management, or less multitasking will make life better.
When you resolve to organize your life what is the end product that you envision? More time to do what you want to do? less time spent looking for things you need? reducing the number of things, items or household chores that you have to manage?
Getting organized for most people really means that they want life to proceed in a more orderly fashion and be less chaotic and more predictable. When you organize your life you set things up so you have more control over what happens in it.
It is not easy to make changes in life habits, but small steps to improve your personal organization can be giant leaps towards better control of your life and your stuff.
Here are 4 small steps that you can take to organize your life a little better in the next year.
Organize a Closet
Closet organization is an achievable goal if you do one closet per month. That should get all of your closets done over the next year! An orderly closet feels good and will make you feel more in control of your stuff every time you open the door.
Switch to Reusable Shopping Bags
Each time you go shopping pick up one reusable shopping bag to take your groceries home. Within a month or two you should have more than enough for all your shopping needs.
Keep some reusable grocery bags in the car for quick shopping trips of the way home from work. Keep another supply right by the door so you can pick them up and take them to the car on your way out the door.
Even if you do not use cloth reusable shopping bags try to reuse the plastic ones. It is quite a small step but you will be amazed at how quickly you can reduce the amount of plastic bag clutter by reusing your plastic bags.
Improve Your Money Management
Spend one hour a month on money management. Twelve hours in one year is more than enough to set up internet banking, electronic bill payments, automatic transfers and other money management time savers. Within that twelve hours you would also have time to schedule appointments to review your investments, tax strategies and retirement savings plan to make your future more secure.
Explore the topic of personal organization
Spend one hour per month on the internet searching out articles and websites on personal organization. There is a plethora of free information at your fingertips.
Borrow books from the library on personal productivity and efficiency, setting life goals and achieving your dreams. Some of them you will like and others you will abandon or not even finish, but over time you will begin to internalize some of the ideas and you will definitely learn more about yourself. Getting organized is really all about self awareness anyway!
All big changes start with small steps. An organized life does not happen without your efforts and motivation to bring it about. When you give yourself the gift of improved personal organization it is a gift that keeps on giving back to you.…
Is it Always Cheaper to Shop Online?
Are you tired of hearing friends talking about how much money they’ve been able to save by shopping online? Maybe you’ve tried to shop using the internet but have struggled to find deals that look impressive.
Despite what you hear some people say, it’s clearly not always the case that the cheapest way to shop is by doing so online. Sometimes a local store may have a special offer available, making them cheaper than internet rivals.
Alternatively, you made find that some internet deals aren’t as good as they first seem. There may be hidden costs – a typical one that can come as quite a shock is the cost of postage and packing. Delivery costs can sharply change the price that we end up paying.
Even taking all of this into account, there are undoubtedly some great deals to be found online. If you’ve not been able to find them then you might want to think about the way in which you shop. Are you doing eveything that you can to find the cheapest prices?
One point that’s worth making is that cheapest isn’t necessarily best. It’s obviously important that you take into account the quality of the products or services that you’re buying. So how can you go about finding quality products at lower prices?
You need to take advantage of some of the free tools available on the internet. Price comparison websites, for instance, can be a great starting point. They allow you to compare the prices offered by multiple retailers.
If you’re not sure of the quality of individual products, or you’re worried about how good a particular supplier is, then make use of the free, independent reviews that are easily found online.
Don’t forget that many internet retailers are offering in an extremely competitive environment. That means that they’re all desperate to stand out from the crowd. Make use of discount codes and vouchers to save even more when shopping online.…
Men’s Fashion And Style Hints
While women’s fashion is ever-changing, men’s fashion is all about classic, timeless wardrobe pieces, occasionally accented with stylish trend items and colors. The contents of a man’s wardrobe will vary depending on various factors, such as his age, body shape and lifestyle, but there are still some core clothing items that should be a mainstay in every man’s closet.
Because men don’t subscribe to transient trends as most women do, they demand better quality investment pieces in classic colours that will stand the test of time. A careful selection of clothing pieces to make up a capsule wardrobe should include well thought out items to suit every foreseeable occasion, from night to day, and casual to formal. A savvy shopper will choose trans-seasonal items that he can easily mix and match with other wardrobe pieces.
The shirt is a ‘must have’ item in any man’s wardrobe. A good shirt works just as well with casual denims as it does with smarter trousers for formal occasions. A casual cosy shirt option can include fabrics such as: plaid, soft cotton, cambric or flannel. These shirts work well denim or chinos, and can be layered with a knitted cardigan or jumper for colder climates.
The weather, as well as the dress code of the occasion will most likely dictate the style of shirt that should be worn. Long sleeved shirts in muted tones are ideal for office-wear and smart occasion wear, while short sleeved shirts made from materials such as polyester and cotton, suit a smart casual dress code or relaxed social settings.
Dress shirts have seen a resurgence on the fashion scene thanks to classically styled celebrities. The most important factor to take into consideration when choosing a dress shirt is that it fits well; an ill-fitting dress shirt won’t flatter the form and will create a dishevelled look, rather than a sleek, sophisticated style.
Opt for a dress shirt without pockets, in a muted tone such as white or cream, if pairing it with a slick pair of trousers for more formal wear. Dress shirts in darker colours like burgundy and black or with an expressive print, work well with denims; wear with the sleeves turned up for a sleek smart casual dress code.
The type of collar or lack thereof is an important factor to consider when choosing a shirt. For very dressy, formal occasions, a shirt with a spread collar is an ideal shirt option for pairing with a suit and tie. For a shirt that is more casual than a spread collar, but still smart, opt for an oxford button down collar, which works great with jeans, khakis and chinos. Add a well cut blazer to smarten up your ensemble.
When it comes to mens fashion, the most versatile and popular shirt style is the point collar. This type of collar is more formal than a button down shirt but not as dressy as a spread collar. A point collar shirt can be worn with, or without a tie, depending on the formality of the social setting.…
Fashion Shopping Online – Make it a Successful Purchase
How to Make Your Fashion Purchases Online Perfect Every time.
Shopping online can be great fun. With virtually limitless choice and great prices, sales and offers it is hard not to be drawn in to the plethora of sites available. But if you want to receive and unpack pieces that work for you it is important to think before you click.
So let’s look at some basic guidelines that will help you find that perfect bargain.
– There are many sites to help you convert sizes;
– Bras, Shoes and dress conversion sites all available on Google.
– But it is also important to be true to yourself with your size.
– Get a friend to help you make a full list if measurements and keep on hand at all times.
– Your chest should be measured with your favorite bra on.
– Your waist is where you get a crease (when you stand upright and tilt your upper body left or right).
– Your hip measurement should be taken at the widest point of your hip area.
Stand side view to a mirror to find this correct placement.
Now while you are taking your measurements also look at your body to make some notes about your bodies shape and attributes. Some basic notes a fashion stylist would look at from the head down are;
– Do you have a short thick neck or a long thin neck?
– Do you have narrow sloping shoulders or a wide square shoulder line?
– Small or large bust?
– A narrow or shapeless waist?
– Small or large hips?
– Do you have shapeless thick calves?
Learn to shop to high light your good points and around your negative areas.
– Short thick necks – Avoid high necklines that will visually cut you off..
– V and scooped necklines will give you the length that you need.
– Long thin necks – Can be counter acted by looking for higher necklines.
– Narrow sloping shoulders- Avoid halter neck lines, this will only highlight your posture. If a maxi dress is desired look for one with straight shoulder straps, the wider the strap the better. You could also match it back with a denim jacket.
– Wide square shoulders -Show off your straight posture with all the strapless and halter styles. You will have hips narrower than your bust, which means you should look for pants, shorts, skirts and dresses that have detail and designs around the hip area. A tulip skirt, gathered mini skirt with floral patterns, minis with wide banded pleats are all good styles.
– Small bust – Wider straps or sleeves ruffle detail, pleated necklines, light or bright colours across the bust are all ways to create volume for the bust. As you want the top half to appear bigger you need to select styles to decrease volume to the hip area.
– Large bust – Deep V necklines, avoid shoe string straps, Balance a larger bust with a bottom half that gives you more fabric. Such as a full circle skirt, a maxi dress with horizontal bands on the boarder or bootleg style jeans.
– Make sure your bra gives you lift. This is a must have item before you go shopping.
– Narrow waist – Show it off and look for fitted styles that give shape to the waist.
– Shapeless waist – A baby doll style is NOT the style for you. Many make this mistake and all it does is widen your midriff. Look for styles that are shaped but not hugging your waist. This is one of the hardest things to achieve at the moment with current styles. I would consider shirts and tops with darting at the waist and in the lower back. This will give you shape. Also look at a vest or denim jacket that could be worn over your summer tops and dresses.
– Small hips – Make the hip area bigger by selecting light or bright colours, patterns, gathers, pleats, patch pockets, A line and full circle skirts.
– Large hips – Reduce the area by selecting dark colours, small patterns & intricate patterns only, pencil shape skirts. The less fabric and detail the better.
– Shapeless thick calves – Select hem lengths wisely. It is important not to let skirts, dresses or trousers sit at the widest point of your calf.
Lastly you can consider your colouring. Some of us are warm based and some are cool. Pinkish toned people are usually cool and peachy toned people are usually warm. Knowing what colours you are best in can save you a lot of fuss and bother. As you will be able to build up top and bottom halves …
The Preparation Needed Before Shopping at Thrift Stores
It is important that you are prepared for your shopping trips prior to going to thrift stores. This will help you to easily find what it is you are looking for as well as to stay on budget. Thrift stores are so big and full of items that it can be easy to get off track during your visit. Below are some ways to help you prepare.
Setting a budget will help you to save money at thrift stores. It doesn’t matter who or what you are going there for, it is necessary that you do this. Whether you set an overall budget or a budget for each person on your list, it is up to you. However, if you are aware of the pricing at the thrift store then you may even set a budget for each item on your list. Considering that thrift shops are such an easy way to get carried away with shopping due to their low prices, you will definitely want to set a budget if saving money is your objective.
Writing down a list of all the items you need is necessary. It doesn’t matter what items are on your list, you will want to be clear and specific. If you need baby boy’s clothes size 0-3 months, you should write that. This will help you from veering off path.
If you are trying to decorate your home with thrift store finds and aren’t sure of what you are looking for, be sure that you know the colors scheme and even the theme of the room you want to decorate. This will assure that you buy items that match the room correctly.
When looking to buy furniture from a thrift shop, remember that it will most likely appear to be used. So, as a means of preparing yourself, be sure you can look outside the box. You will want to see the possible outcome of the furniture after it is renewed by paint or furniture stain. In the end, you should have a unique piece of furniture for a low price.
Thrift stores are all over, so be sure to make a map or list of the ones you plan on visiting if you are going to go to several of them in a row. This will help save you time and gas money.
Lastly, going hand in hand with being on a budget, be sure to bring cash instead of credit cards. Not all thrift shops will accept credit cards, but even more important than that is, bringing cash will help you stay on budget.
Having a credit card will give you more access to money.
Being prepared for your day of shopping at thrift stores will help you to stay on task and budget.…
Tummy Tuck Surgery – Post Operation Details
Tummy tuck surgery is a procedure that reduces the presence of excess fat and skin. The doctor may also opt to restore weakened tissues and muscles which may have been affected by the excessive development of fat and tissues in the area.
In some cases, muscles may separate due to the enlargement of the muscle tissues and fat that they will have to be restored by the surgeon during the operation. Usually, a firmer and better abdominal profile is expected from this procedure. In spite of this, it is important to maintain the end result to prevent the return of the previous condition.
Incisions are made during the tummy tuck surgery, therefore, after wards, these incisions will need to be dressed and medicated accordingly to prevent any complications. Infection may set in if the proper care of these cuts is not implemented by the attending nurses, doctor and the patient.
Along with the dressing for the cuts, a compression bandage is most likely placed around the patient’s abdomen. This compression bandage is used to minimize the expected swelling of the area as well as to support the recovery process of the wound itself. If not a compression bandage, then an elastic bandage may be used. The approval of the attending surgeon should be given with regards to the kind of bandage is used for each case.
A drain may also be applied to the wound if the doctor deems it necessary. In most cases, the drain is placed to ensure the right drainage of excess body fluids and the prevention of complications. The thin tube used for the drain is just temporary and will be removed a soon as the doctor is satisfied with the results of drainage.
Stitches, if there are any, will be removed from the affected area when the doctor is satisfied with how the wound has healed. This may take a week or two before they are removed. Some use special materials which may not necessitate the removal of the stitches.
Medication is always prescribed for patients post operation. Usually, antibacterial and anti inflammatory medications are included in the prescription, as well as others medicines that may apply to each case specifically.
The general health of the patient is always considered when prescribing medicines and the prevention of an infection is one of the priorities after the tummy tuck surgery. It is best to follow the instruction given before and after the surgery to prevent any complications from developing.…
Promotional Canvas Bags – Your Next Step in Green Business
There are many different ways to go green with your business. And as a business, you should be implementing as many as possible. Businesses are looked up to in a way from the community. They are leaders, and whether or not they choose to be, people look up to them as an example. Therefore, businesses should be setting the correct example in environmental issues.
You’ve probably been making some changes. Earlier, I said earlier that businesses should make as many changes as possible. This does not mean to just go crazy, forget about business and focus just on the environment. That would be silly, and you would be out of business within weeks. What I really mean is that businesses should be concerned about the environment, and make changes in the way they conduct business as they see fit. Following are some examples.
You probably do a fair amount of printing if you’re in business. For example, your company probably has business cards, letterhead, brochures, etc. So, when these materials are printed, make sure they are being printed with a respect for the environment. An eco-friendly printer is not always more expensive, either. There are many digital printers out there with very good quality work who are also eco-friendly.
As a business, try to keep your water usage to a minimum. Things like watering the lawn can be minimized or cut entirely. Installing motion sensors on faucets will also reduce the amount of water being used. Also, if you provide a water cooler for employees instead of a water fountain, this will also cut water waste.
Now, tell your customers!
Your customers will be pleased to hear that you are being kind to the environment, not to mention they will be more likely to purchase products from you. Make sure that they know you’re going green. A great way to make it known is to use promotional canvas bags with your logo imprinted. Along with your logo, a message could also be imprinted stating how you’re company is green. For example, “We’ve cut our water consumption by 50 gallons per month!” Your customers will love getting a reusable shopping bag from you because it helps the environment, and it helps you because it announces to everyone that sees the bag that your company is going green.…
- Expressive Threads Artistic Fashion Unleashed
- Budget Bliss Affordable Shopping Picks
- Eclectic Elegance A Stylish Fusion of Fashion Trends
- Bold Color Fashion Make a Statement with Vibrant Hues
- Glamour Unveiled Art Deco Fashion Elegance
- Curated Treasures Discovering Unique Finds Shopping
- Cart Capers Adventures in Shopping Splendor
- Double Denim Delight Mastering the Art of Denim on Denim
- Denim Dreams Stylish Trends
- Effortless Athletic Chic Casual Athleisure Fashion
- Thrifty Treasures Exploring the World of Secondhand Finds
- Fashion Advice That Will Get You More Confidence!
- Elevate Your Desk Stationery Shopping Excitement
- Discover Wellness Shopping Finds for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Thrifty Treasures A Budget Shopping Spree
- Elegance Unleashed Fashion Illustration Artistry
- Inspire Creativity Art Supplies Shopping Extravaganza
- Celestial Inspired Fashion Stellar Style Statements
- Hidden Gems Thrift Shopping Treasures Unveiled
- Retail Adventure Shopping Mall Excursion
- Weekend Shopping Adventure Discover, Shop, and Unwind
- Gear Up for Adventure Outdoor Equipment Shopping
- Elegant Fusion Fashion as Sculpture Art
- Relaxed Vibes Casual Weekend Fashion
- Bold Waist Statements Mastering Statement Belt Fashion
- Online Shopping Bliss Discover Your Digital Retail Haven
- Dreamy Desires Crafting Your Shopping Wish List
- Thoughtful Touch Personalized Gift Shopping Delights
- Futuristic Fusion Avant-Garde Fashion Brilliance
- Style Extravaganza Dive into Fashion Shopping Frenzy
- Clothes Fashion
- Fashion And Style
- Fashion Clothes
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Dresses
- Fashion Shop
- Fashion Show
- Fashion Show
- Fashion Store
- Fashion Style
- Fashion Trends
- Fashion Week
- General Article
- General Articles
- Latest Fashion
- Latest Fashion Dresses
- Latest Fashion For Women
- Latest Fashion Trends
- Latest Trends
- New Fashion
- New Style Dress
- Online Fashion Store
- Women Fashion